Sleeps up to 12 guests in 1 property
Contact: Grant Casey
Telephone: 01598 763 339
Open: All year
Short breaks available
Sleeps 12 Total
Sleeps 10 +2
A truly lovely country residence in Exmoor's glorious Heddon Valley. Kittitoe House is set in sunny, sheltered gardens surrounded by woods full of red deer and bird song. To complete this rural idyll a trout stream meanders through the grounds.
This is the perfect location for a coast and country holiday with family and friends. A wonderful house for that special celebration, or for those needing to relax, a tranquil haven in enchanting countryside.
The accommodation is spacious, light filled and beautifully furnished in a chic but relaxed country style - the house is peppered with antiques. A stylish conservatory and verandah offer comfortable alternatives to the classic dining room for that special celebration meal. The spacious living room with a fabulous stone fireplace offers a cosy retreat at the end of a long day at the coast.
Upstairs you will find four poster beds for that touch of grandeur and a master bedroom with a romantic balcony and beautiful views down the valley.
The Heddon Valley is accustomed to plaudits - beloved as it was by the Romantic Poets. A deep wooded clough through which the eponymous watercourse twists its way to the sea, this is a bewitching landscape to explore. You will discover wonderful walks through woods and wild moor, evocative names such as the Hangman Hills, and a dramatic coastline of rugged cliffs plunging down to rocky bays and smugglers' coves.
For a day on the sand - try Woolacombe, Putsborough, Croyde and Saunton. Excellent beaches whose golden shores offer a range of activities, from rock pooling and sandcastles, to surfing and water-sports.
A visit to the fascinating National Trust island of Lundy is a must. Once the refuge of pirates, it is now a haven for wildlife. A variety of boat trips are available from Ilfracombe, Lynmouth, Bideford and Clovelly. Why not take a paddle-steamer trip to explore the spectacular north Devon/Somerset coast?
The accommodation consists of:
- A light filled, spacious living room with a large log fireplace
- An elegant conservatory furnished with chaise lounge, dining table and seating.
- The dining room is gracefully furnished with antiques - a French window opens out on to the verandah and into the garden
- Second lounge with bed settee
- Fully equipped kitchen breakfast room with oil fired Aga, dishwasher, fridge, electric combination oven, microwave and hotplates.
- Utility room with washing machine and dryer
- Large master bedroom with antique four poster bed and ensuite bathroom.
- Other bedrooms: fourposter bedroom, a bunk bedded room, double bedded room , double bedroom with a sleigh bed
- 2 bathrooms
- Patio with attractive garden furniture and a barbeque
- Colour HD TV CD player Sky TV
- Bang & Olufson music centre
- Sonos System
£698 - £1840
Dogs there is a charge of £20 per week
For a short break £3 per night
3 day break 80% of weekly charge
4 day break 90% of weekly charge
You can move the map about using your mouse. Zoom in by using buttons on the bottom right. You can use Streetview by dragging the yellow person onto the map.
Map locations may be approximate and locate the post code rather than individual properties. Please ensure you have clear directions to the property once you have made a booking.
Other cottages in our group