Sleeps up to 20 guests in 1 property
Changeover: Monday, Friday
Open: All year
Short breaks available
Sleeps 20 Total
Sleeping 16 + 4 (20) in 8 bedrooms.
A tranquil oasis within easy reach of the coast. Framed by wood and parkland, the quiet elegance of this attractive Victorian Country House contrasts beautifully with the buzz and bustle of the seaside town of Weymouth, just 2-3 miles away.
High windows, a grand entrance hall, stylishly furnished rooms and log fires all lend themselves to the air of genteel comfort. The house nestles quietly in its own 16 acres of lawns, woods and parkland and offers wonderful views across the valley and over to the Bay and Portland Bill. A footpath runs from the grounds to the coast. Bordering the estate are the ancient hay meadows of the Lorton Meadows Nature Reserve. The 187 hectares of neighbouring Lorton Valley Nature Park – a diverse landcape of meadows, coppice and wetland, are criss-crossed with trackways and trails to explore.
Weymouth is a popular family favourite, with 3 miles of golden sands, a busy harbour and Esplanade. Proud to have been host to the sailing events at the 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games, the town ensures that there are plenty of opportunites for water sports; try your hand at sailing, take a fishing charter, explore the coast by kayak or simply hire a pedalo.
The town has a vibrant cultural life and there are plenty of quality family attractions. Weymouth SEA LIFE Adventure Park offers the chance to explore underwater life and to see over 1000 creatures. The Jurassic Skyline viewing tower takes you 174ft above the resort and slowly rotates to give you 360 degrees of uninterrupted panoramic views.
To the north lies the attractive town of Dorchester, famous for its links to Thomas Hardy. This historic county town boasts no less than 8 museums (including the Dinosaur Museum), plenty of independent shops, cafes and restaurants and some lovely riverside walks.
- Grand entrance hall
- Light and spacious drawing room with open fire, French windows to lawns and patio
- Elegant dining room seating up to 20 and with open fire
- Fully equipped kitchen/ breakfast room with: 4 oven Aga, Additional electric oven with hob, Microwave oven, Dishwasher, American style fridge/freezer, Washing Machine, Highchair available
- Cellar with full sized billiard table
- 8 double/twin bedrooms (two with sofa beds)
- 2 with ensuite shower rooms
- 2 with ensuite bathrooms (which can also be communal)
- 2 additional WCs
- 1 additional bathroom
- Cot available
- Furnished patio area with gas fired BBQ
- Pretty gazebo with seating and sea view
- Woodland walk
- Extensive lawns and parkland
Winter Rate: October - March
- Weekend or Midweek break - £1,950
- Week - £2,950
- Christmas - £4,750 (week only)
- New Year - £4,950 (week only)
- Easter - £3,950 (week only)
Summer Rate: April - September
- Weekend or Midweek break - £2,500
- Week - £4,250
Weekend runs from 4pm Friday - 10am Monday
Midweek runs from 4pm Monday - 10am Friday
You can move the map about using your mouse. Zoom in by using buttons on the bottom right. You can use Streetview by dragging the yellow person onto the map.
Map locations may be approximate and locate the post code rather than individual properties. Please ensure you have clear directions to the property once you have made a booking.