Sleeps up to 15 guests in 2 properties
Contact: Mandy Davenport
Telephone: 01684 293685
Open: All year.
Short breaks available
Sleeps 15 Total
Individual Properties Sleep from 2 to 13
Home Farmhouse (sleeps 13) and Parlour Cottage (sleeps 2).
A beautiful Grade II listed farmhouse set within large private gardens and a large courtyard in the heart of the village of Upper Strensham. The house originates from the 17th century and retains many character features throughout.
The rooms are spacious and light with many rooms overlooking the large pretty gardens. Features include oak panelling in the sitting room reputed to have been salvaged from a ship. and exposed beams in the dining room, with one decorated plaster panel believed to originate from the 17th century.
The house is approached via a sweeping gravel driveway to a parking area at the rear.
- Entrance hall with cloaks leads into
- Cloakroom with w.c. and wash basin
- Dining room with large table and 14 chairs, bay window looking out to gardens. Large inglenook open fire .
- The Lounge with large window seat, 3 large sofas and chairs, occasional tables, wood burner, TV / DVD.
- The sitting room doubles as the TV room where there is a large bookcase, TV and DVD. Sofas and make this a great space for the children
- The large farmhouse kitchen is very well equipped with 4 oven Aga, ample kitchen cupboards, dishwasher, microwave and large Dresser.. A large pine refectory table and 14 chairs makes this great for breakfasts and informal dining.
- The utility room is equipped with 2 belfast sinks, washing machine, tumble dryer, Fridge and freezer Electric oven & hob - space for clothes drying Door to patio and gardens.
- A door from the kitchen leads to the sun room where there is a further soft seating area - great for morning coffee. Doors to gardens.
- Two staircases leads to the landing
- The large master bedroom - bedroom 1 - has a king-size brass bed & single bed.
- Shower room with shower, w.c. and wash basin.
- Bedroom 2 has a King bed, , Double bed .- The en-suite room has a wash basin, w.c. and shower.
- There is a family bathroom with roll top bath, wash basin, w.c.
- Bedroom 3 - King bed, & Single bed.
- Bedroom 4 - Double bed room
- Bedroom 5 - A Double and Single bed with
- En-suite room with shower, w.c. and basin.
- The large landscaped garden includes large level lawns with mature trees and shrubs, ideal area for garden games.
- African hut with seating for 15.
- Close to the house is a large south facing patio with large table and chairs for outdoor eating, Gas barbeque.
- Pond with seating area.
- Hot Tub
Parlour Cottage, once a milking parlour, is now a detached one bedroom cottage overlooking the courtyard. This attractive cottage still has original beams and exposed brickwork and is suitable for disabled access. The cottage can be utilised to provide additional accommodation.
Strensham is a delightful village surrounded by lovely open countryside. There is a village community with a medieval church. The village is conveniently located for local facilities in Upton, Pershore and Tewkesbury. Also, easy access to Worcester, Cheltenham and Gloucester.
Book for Cheltenham Races
From Tewkesbury follow the A38 past Puckrup Hall to the roundabout to the motorway junction and continue straight over through Naunton turning right to Strensham into the Strensham Road, follow the road all the way to a T junction and turn right to Upper Strensham. At the war memorial turn right and Home Farmhouse can be found on the left.
week from £2400 2 nights from £1400
£350/£500 pw - From £80 pn
You can move the map about using your mouse. Zoom in by using buttons on the bottom right. You can use Streetview by dragging the yellow person onto the map.
Map locations may be approximate and locate the post code rather than individual properties. Please ensure you have clear directions to the property once you have made a booking.