Sleeps up to 18 guests in 1 property
Changeover days: Friday
Open: All year
Short breaks available
Sleeps 18 Total
Superb property dating from the late C16th surrounded by spectacular countryside.
Lowfield Farm is a wonderful old farmhouse hidden at the end of a quarter mile track near the little White Peak village of Middleton-by-Youlgreave. The relative seclusion adds to the appeal of this lovely property- it is set in 15 acres of garden, orchard and grazing. A network of footpaths cross the grounds and fabulous views over green fields to the limestone uplands assail the explorer.
Yet the most popular attractions of the National Park are within easy reach. Bakewell is the nearest market town and Matlock (8 miles) and Buxton (12 miles) are just a short drive away. If you are feeling fit, then why not walk to the Peak District gems of Chatsworth (6 miles) and Haddon Hall (3 miles)?
For the adventurous there are numerous adrenaline activities nearby; hang gliding, sailing, canoeing, orienteering, abseiling, mountaineering and caving to name but a few.
Inside, the farmhouse blends the charm of the past with C21st comfort. Romance is supplied by the many charming period features: think mullioned windows, oak beams, cosy log fires and of course those 2 four poster beds. Each room is beautifully furnished and has its own character and style.
• Dining room with open fire and seating for 18.
• Sitting room magnificent stone fireplace and seating for 10.
• Fully equipped farmhouse kitchen with AGA and dining area for 6.
• Conservatory (seats 10) with countryside views.
• 2 ground floor king size double bedrooms, one of which is a four poster.
• 1st floor 5 bedrooms including a four poster king-size double bedroom; Double with en-suite, 1 Twin and 2 family rooms both with a king-size double bed and one room with 2 singles, the other has a single day bed with pull-out bed.
• Bathroom and 3 shower rooms with shower, basin and WC (one on ground floor).
• Oil central heating with open fire and woodburning stove
• Outside- Lawned garden with patio and furniture, plus 15 acres of shared grounds
• Ample off road parking
Weekday: Monday to Friday departure – 4 nights
Weekend: Friday to Monday departure – 2 nights
Weekly: prices available upon request
January/March. Weekday prices from: £1500; Weekend prices from: £1800
February Half Term. Weekday prices from: £1800; Weekend prices from: £2000
Easter. Weekday prices from: £2000; Weekend prices from: £2200
Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
Fuel, power and starter packs for fire and stove inc. in rent
You can move the map about using your mouse. Zoom in by using buttons on the bottom right. You can use Streetview by dragging the yellow person onto the map.
Map locations may be approximate and locate the post code rather than individual properties. Please ensure you have clear directions to the property once you have made a booking.