The most popular stag and hen do destinations revealed!
We are excited to reveal the most popular locations in the UK for hen and stag parties, along with the top ten European destinations bride and grooms-to-be are jetting off to this year!
We analysed our booking and traffic data throughout 2019 to discover the most popular destinations Brits head to on their hen and stag celebrations, along with the average prices couples are spending when it comes to their prenuptial parties.
Our research found that women spend an average of £93 per night on accommodation for their hen parties, compared to men who on average spend £83 - exactly £10 less per night. We also found that men are twice as likely to celebrate abroad than their significant other, with more than 70% of overseas party bookings made for stag dos.
Prices are in order, plus the average price per night:
The top ten stag party locations in the UK
|City||Cost Per Night|
The top ten hen party locations in the UK
|City||Cost per night|
The top ten European destinations for prenuptial parties
|City||Cost per night|
See the 11 best party houses in the UK >
Properties for stag & hen parties
|Big Cottages that sleep 8|
|Big Cottages that sleep 12|
|Big Cottages that sleep 10|
|Big Cottages that sleep 20|
|Big Cottages that sleep 30|
Number of bedrooms holiday cottages
Similar types of cottages
Matt Fox, CEO of Big Cottages, said,
“Over the years hen and stag dos have grown in popularity, and for some couples, these parties can be even more important than the wedding day itself! At Big-Cottages.com, hen and stag parties are one of our most popular markets, with thousands of couples heading to our properties weekly. As such, we were intrigued to find out which areas of the UK are the most popular with grooms and brides-to-be to celebrate their pre-nuptials.
“It was no surprise to see that the top locations are some of the more affordable cities in the UK. This is also the case with the European destinations, with Krakow being the cheapest location overall. Although the celebrations are getting more elaborate, it appears that money is still a
deciding factor when it comes to bride and groom’s pre-wedding getaways, and ultimately, will dictate the destination they will head to.”
Looking for more property inspiration?
- For luxury lodges with and cosy cabins with bubbling hot tubs, look no further than Lodges With Hot Tubs.
- Enjoy an unforgettable break with a stay at one of our luxury cottages in the UK.
- From cosy cabins to quirky shepherd’s huts, we’ve got something for everyone at Lodge Holidays.
- At Dog Friendly Hotels, we believe that the best holidays are the ones that everyone is involved in - including your furry friends.
- Unwind in our remote cottages set in some of the most beautiful regions of the UK.
- Planning on getting away for a few days? At Weekend Cottages, we’ve got an incredible selection of holiday homes across the UK.
- Whisk your other half away for a romantic break in the UK.
- Make a break for it and enjoy an unforgettable holiday at one of our coastal holiday cottages.
- Unique Holidays is a specialist site devoted to finding you that unique holiday home, completely different from the usual holiday cottages and hotels.