Multiple holiday lets sleeping up to 18 guests in total
A beautiful grade II listed C16th farmhouse & recently converted former Dairy in the stunning White Peak nr Bakewell, Chatsworth & Matlock.
Hidden at the end of a (well maintained) 3/4 mile track and surrounded by open farmland, the property is the perfect Peak District rural retreat.
Lowfield Farm farmhouse sleeps 18 in 7 bedrooms and Lowfield Dairy sleeps 14 in 6 ensuite bedrooms. Together the properties sleep up to 34 people.
There are 15 acres of shared grounds to explore, footpaths criss-cross the area with walks from the doorstep and there are superb views across open farmland.
Inside the farmhouse is steeped with atmosphere and has many wonderful period features. Mullioned windows, oak beams, cosy log fires and 2 four poster beds add to the romance. Rich fabrics and quality furnishings give that touch of luxury.
The Dairy is also listed with magnificent beams and individual character in each bedroom. Open plan living area with log burner and under floor heating with modern contemporary look combined with stylish antiques and luxury furnishings.
The properties are on the edge of the small, attractive limestone village of Middleton-by-Youlgreave, close to the popular market town of Bakewell, home of the famous Bakewell Pudding. Lowfield Farm sits in the middle of the peak district with good travel links by air, rail & road. Matlock (8 miles) and Buxton (12 miles) are an easy drive.
Lowfield Farm is perfect for many of the Peak Districts main attractions. You can even walk to Chatsworth (6 miles) and Haddon Hall (3 miles) from the farm itself.
The Peak District offers wonderful opportunities for all manner of adrenalin sports and activities and there are plenty of excellent adventure companies who can help you arrange a weekend to remember! Needless to say the hiking is excellent but mountain biking, hang gliding, sailing, canoeing, orienteering, abseiling, mountaineering and caving are all available nearby.
• Dining room with open fire and seating for 18.
• Sitting room magnificent stone fireplace and seating for 10.
• Fully equipped farmhouse kitchen with AGA and dining area for 6.
• Conservatory (seats 10) with countryside views.
• 2 ground floor king size double bedrooms, one of which is a four poster.
• 1st floor 5 bedrooms including a four poster king-size double bedroom; Double with en-suite, 1 Twin and 2 family rooms both with a king-size double bed and one room with 2 singles, the other has a single day bed with pull-out bed.
• Bathroom and 3 shower rooms with shower, basin and WC (one on ground floor).
• Oil central heating with open fire and woodburning stove
• Outside- Lawned garden with patio and furniture, plus 15 acres of shared grounds
• Ample off road parking. Sorry no dogs allowed No Smoking
Dating from the C16th and in the heart of the White Peak, a characterful stone farmhouse sleeping 18. Plenty of period touches and quality furnishings. 15 acres to explore and fabulous views over the countryside. Bakewell close by and if you are feeling energetic you can walk to both Chatsworth (6 miles) and Haddon Hall (3 miles) from the farm.
Weekday: Monday to Friday departure – 4 nights
Weekend: Friday to Monday departure – 2 or 3 nightsJanuary/March. Weekday prices from: £1500; Weekend prices from: £1800
February Half Term. Weekday prices from: £1800; Weekend prices from: £1800
Weekend prices from: £1800
Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
Fuel, power and starter packs for fire and stove inc. in rent