Peanswood Country Manor sleeping up to 16 guests
Nestled in the beautiful countryside of East-Sussex in the outskirts of the gorgeous medieval village of Robertsbridge, S59661 is an exquisite 8-bedroom manor house and stands impressively in 15 acres of private woodland providing luxurious and comfortable accommodation for up to 16 guests.
After a gorgeous, sweeping drive down through the woods from the private gated entrance, you will immediately notice that the traditional architecture of this manor house sits in seamless harmony with the surrounding landscape. Stepping inside, you will be overwhelmed by the welcoming tranquil atmosphere created by the clever and tasteful combination between both the modern and classical styles of its rather sumptuous interior decor.
Access to the house is through an elegant entrance hall leading straight into a welcoming dining room, with wooden flooring and patio doors opening up onto a beautiful outside terrace, perfect for al fresco meals during the warmer summer months. Even on chilly days, you will be able to enjoy special dining experiences, comfortably seated at a long table overlooking the lush garden while soaking up the heat coming from the gorgeous fireplace. The lovely and bright lounge area also features patio doors leading to the front garden terrace and provides plenty of room for relaxation and entertainment. Sit back in one of the opulent sofa’s while watching a movie or playing with the Nintendo Wii with your kids, and a piano is available for those who want to put their musical talent to the test.
One bedroom is located on the ground floor and is disability accessible, with the remaining bedrooms located on the first floor. One of the en-suites also has a fabulous wet room. All rooms boast fascinating panoramic views and stylish furniture and fittings which will make you feel right at home.
Last but not least, keep in mind that this wonderful property offers several outdoor entertainment opportunities suitable for all ages, not least the large and attractive outdoor heated swimming pool (**Pool Towels are provided**) with its adjacent pool bar, this really is the height of luxury! Whether you are keen on swimming, a horse lover or willing to keep fit in the gym, you will never get bored. The little ones will also be spoilt for choice, bouncing on the trampoline or having fun in the outside playground, which is floored with wood chips for safety.
S59661 is without any shadow of doubt one of the nicest properties we have added to our expanding portfolio of luxury houses in recent years and is suitable for large groups of friends and families seeking for unforgettable dream break in a pristine environment.
**The tennis court is a grass tennis court.
Robertsbridge is a lovely medieval village in the East-Sussex region, about 12 miles from Hastings, a vibrant seaside town steeped in history and culture.
Crossed by the Rother River, Robertsbridge features an eclectic selection of nice restaurants, pubs and small shops. Regular train services depart from London and the journey takes 1h and 20 min.
Along with outstanding natural landscapes, there is an abundance of places of historic interest to visit in the whole area.
S59661 could not be better located for visiting a vast range of interesting villages, nearby beaches and towns steeped in history.
A short drive will take you to the following:
- 3 minute drive to the train station
- 6 miles to the famous town of Battle
- 8 miles to the delightful village of Ticehurst where you can enjoy access to the famous Bewl Water with its varied water sports activities (sailing and kayaking in particular)
- 10 miles to Wadhurst
- 12 miles to the famous and historical seaside town of Hastings
- 15 miles to the medieval seaside town of Rye, famous for it's lovely harbour, restaurants and traditional antique and gift shops
- 20 miles to the ever popular and incredibly attractive town of Royal Tunbridge Wells
- 21 miles to Eastbourne with its lovely beaches and ‘typical’ seaside attractions
- 33 miles to Brighton, where you can enjoy leisurely walks along the extensive promenade to Hove and of course, visit the Brighton Pier!
And its only 55 miles to the centre of London!
Manor House Interior
- Entrance hall
- Dining room (with functional fireplace)
- Lounge 1 (with functional fireplace )
- Bedroom 1 (double bed, desk, 2 chairs, table, patio doors)
- Lounge 2 (non-functional fireplace)
- Master bedroom 2 (king-size double bed, walk in wardrobe, armchair, chaise long, en-suite bathroom/wet room with an enormous raindrop shower and double sinks, non-functional fireplace, TV, garden view)
- Bedroom 3 (double bed, sofa, chairs, en-suite bathroom with free-standing bath & WC, small room suitable for children, garden view)
- Bedroom 4 (double bed, black carpet, 2 armchairs, en-suite shower room with raindrop shower heads and double sinks, driveway and woods view)
- Bedroom 5 (double bed sharing an en-suite by utilising adjoining doors, ideal for parents with younger children)
- Bedroom 6 (double bed, 2 chairs, en-suite bathroom with free standing bath, non-functional fireplace, garden views)
- Bedroom 7 (twin bed)
- Bedroom 8 (twin beds - accessed via bedroom 5 - ideal for families)
- Bathroom with bath and WC (no door, only large red curtains for privacy)
Note: The second floor is not accessible.
- Heated oxygenated (chlorine free) swimming pool with roman steps (size: 12x7 m)
- Bar area
- Pool chairs & inflatables available
- Children’s play area
- Apple & pear trees
- Parking space for 5-10 cars
- Wi-fi - Heating
- Patio doors
- Oven & hob
- Fridge freezer
- Breakfast bar (4 bar stools)
- Wine fridge
- Food storage
- Samsung LCD Flat Screen TV
- Nintendo Wii
- Outside garden furniture available
- Huge selection of outside garden games available, including giant chess