Last Minute Cottages Limited is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement. Last Minute Cottages Limited may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 18th May 2018.
Information we collect
In general, you may visit the site without telling us who you are or revealing any personally identifiable information about you. Our servers collect the domain names, operating system in use (e.g., Macintosh, Windows) and browser (e.g., Netscape, Internet Explorer). This information is aggregated to measure the number of visits, average time spent on the Site, pages viewed, etc. Last Minute Cottages uses this information to measure the use of our Site and to improve the content of our Site. E-mail addresses and other personally identifiable information such as first and last name, telephone number, and other similar information are known only when voluntarily provided by a visitor for registration, booking requests or other participation of visitors in any available online interactive activities.
Information we collect from third parties
If you link, connect, or login to your Last Minute Cottages Account with a third party service (e.g. Google or Facebook), the third party service may send us information such as your registration and profile information from that service. This information varies and is controlled by that service or as authorized by you via your privacy settings at that service.
Use of your information
We may use the personal information you provide for any of the following purposes:
- to fulfill a booking request;
- to provide customer service;
- to understand the use of our Site and make improvements;
- respond to specific requests from visitors;
- protect the security or integrity of our Site when necessary;
- send you notices and solicitations regarding Site and our businesses;
- to promote and market products to you. These solicitations may take the form of mailings or other couriers, telephone calls, e-mail solicitations and other methods of contact. If you do not want to receive these solicitations from us using your personally identifiable information, please notify us.
- profiling and automated decision making - We use data collected to improve our relevance to you. For example we collect data through interaction with our website (such as what content you view, what kind of properties you search for) as well as information about how you came to our site in the first plan (for example, what advert did you click on) and activity within our emails (what emails you open and when, what content you click on) and we use this to send you emails you are interested in, or show you content, or property deals that more closely fit what you look at. This kind of activity does not have legal or otherwise significant effects on you.
At times, we may conduct online surveys to better understand the needs and profiles of our visitors. When we conduct a survey, we will try to let you know how we will use the information at the time we collect the information from you on the Internet.
To unsubscribe from our marketing email list, simply click on the unsubscribe link in the footer of any email from us or contact us at email@example.com.
Disclosures of your information
Sharing with property agents and owners.
To facilitate bookings we may need to share certain information, including personal information, with the managing agents, as it is necessary for the adequate fulfilment of the contract between you and the property manager/property owner. When you as a user submit a booking request, certain information about you is shared with the property manager (and owner, if applicable), including your full name, email phone number and other information you agree to share.
You may exercise any of the rights described in this section with Last Minute Cottages by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before taking further action on your request.
Managing your information
You may access and remove or update some of your information and email preferences through unsubscribe links in all emails via or your subscription settings here. You are responsible for keeping your personal information up-to-date.
Correction of inaccurate or incomplete information
You have the right to ask us to correct inaccurate or incomplete personal information concerning you (and which you cannot update yourself within your Last Minute Cottages Account).
Data access and portability
You are entitled you to request copies of your personal information held by us. You may also be entitled to request copies of personal information that you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format and/or request us to transmit this information to another service provider (where technically feasible).
Data retention and erasure
We generally retain your personal information for as long as is necessary for the performance of providing our service to you as a customer. If you no longer want us to use your information to provide the Last Minute Cottages Platform to you, you can request that we erase your personal information. Please note that if you request the erasure of your personal information:
- We may retain and use your personal information to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations.
- Because we maintain the Last Minute Cottages Platform to protect from accidental or malicious loss and destruction, residual copies of your personal information may not be removed from our backup systems for a limited period of time.
Withdrawing consent and restriction of processing
Where you have provided your consent to the processing of your personal information by Last Minute Cottages you may withdraw your consent at any time by unsubscribing via the unsubscribe links in emails or by sending a communication to Last Minute Cottages specifying which consent you are withdrawing. Please note that the withdrawal of your consent does not affect the lawfulness of any processing activities based on such consent before its withdrawal.
Objection to processing
If you object to Last Minute Cottages processing your personal information you may request Last Minute Cottages not to process this information and withdraw your consent at any time by unsubscribing via the unsubscribe links in emails or by sending a communication to Last Minute Cottages specifying which consent you are withdrawing. Please note that the withdrawal of your consent does not affect the lawfulness of any processing activities based on such consent before its withdrawal.
A cookie is a small data file that is transferred to your device (e.g. your phone or your computer). For example, a cookie could allow us to recognise your browser, while another could store your preferences. There are two types of cookies used on the Last Minute Cottages Platform: (1) “session cookies” and (2) “persistent cookies.” Session cookies normally expire when you close your browser, while persistent cookies remain on your device after you close your browser, and can be used again the next time you access the Last Minute Cottages Platform.
Why Last Minute Cottages uses these technologies
We use these technologies for a number of purposes, such as:
- To enable you to use and fully access the Last Minute Cottages platform and services.
- To enable, facilitate and improve your usage of the Last Minute Cottages platform and service.
- To better understand how you navigate through and interact with the Last Minute Cottages Platform and to improve the Last Minute Cottages Platform.
- To show you content that is more relevant to you.
- To monitor and analyze the performance, operation, and effectiveness of the Last Minute Cottages Platform and Last Minute Cottages advertisements.
- To enforce legal agreements that govern use of the Last Minute Cottages Platform.
- For purposes of our own customer support, analytics, research and product development.
We may also allow certain business partners to place these technologies on the Last Minute Cottages Platform. These partners use these technologies to (1) help us analyze how you use the Last Minute Cottages Platform, such as by noting the third party services from which you arrived, (2) market and advertise Last Minute Cottages services to you on the Last Minute Cottages Platform and third party websites, (3) help us detect or prevent fraud or conduct risk assessments, or (4) collect information about your activities on the Last Minute Cottages Platform, other sites, and/or the ads you have clicked on. For example, to help us better understand how people use the Last Minute Cottages Platform, we work with a number of analytics partners, including Google Analytics. To prevent Google Analytics from using your information for analytics, you may install the Google Analytics Opt-Out Browser by clicking here.
Third parties may also use such tracking technologies to serve ads that they believe are most likely to be of interest to you and measure the effectiveness of their ads both on the Last Minute Cottages Platform and on other websites and online services. Targeting and advertising cookies we use may include Google, and other advertising networks and services we use from time to time. For more information about targeting and advertising cookies and how you can opt out, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s opt-out page , the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out page , or http://youronlinechoices.eu. To opt out of Google Analytics for display advertising or customize Google display network ads, you can visit the Google Ads Settings page.
To the extent advertising technology is integrated into the Last Minute Cottages Platform and you opt-out of tailored advertising, you may still receive advertising content. In that case, the advertising content will just not be tailored to your interests. Also, we do not control any of these opt-out links and are not responsible for the availability or accuracy of these mechanisms. Third Party Social Plugins The Last Minute Cottages Platform may use social plugins provided and operated by third parties, such as Facebook’s Like Button. As a result of this, you may send to the third party the information that you are viewing on a certain part of the Last Minute Cottages Platform. If you are not logged into your account with the third party, then the third party may not know your identity. If you are logged in to your account with the third party, then the third party may be able to link information or actions about your interactions with the Last Minute Cottages Platform to your account with them. Please refer to the third party’s privacy policies to learn more about its data practices.
Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can modify your browser setting to decline cookies by visiting the Help portion of your browser’s toolbar.
Your mobile device may allow you to control cookies through its settings function. Refer to your device manufacturer’s instructions for more information.
If you choose to decline cookies, some parts of the Last Minute Cottages Platform may not work as intended or may not work at all.