Gorgeous Dunoon Cottage sleeping up to 12 guests
NEW & EXCLUSIVE TO OLIVER’S TRAVELS – 2018
The stunning Holy Loch Manor can be found within the scenic village of Strone on the Cowal peninsula in Argyll and Bute and the Scottish Highlands. This fabulous property is the perfect retreat for the whole family, featuring 3 acres of beautiful surroundings, breath-taking views across Holy Loch and all the facilities for an unforgettable stay in this unique part of the world!
The property offers ample space for the whole group to socialise together, as well as finding moments of peace and quiet to yourself. Boasting room for 13 guests in the main house, an annex suited to 4 guests and a further Gatehouse cottage where 2 guests can find their own private retreat. This waterside property is the best place to reflect on the important things, spending quality time with friends and family.
The main house offers sociable living spaces, with a warm atmosphere like a home away from home! On the ground floor you will find a cosy family room with a wood-burning stove. There is also a study, drawing room, dining room with space for 16-guests to dine together, a family kitchen and a cloakroom. The first floor boasts 3 luxurious double bedrooms, with two offering en-suite bathrooms. There are a further 2 rooms ideal for children with 3 bunk beds and a single bed. Also on this floor are two bathrooms. The adjacent annex is equally as charming, with its own private entrance it is completely self-contained, the ideal breakaway for older children or grandparents! On the ground floor you will find an open-plan kitchen, dining and lounge area, with a shower room. The two double bedrooms can be found on the first floor.
The Gatehouse sits on the water’s edge, with undisturbed views up the Holy Loch and a private waterside terrace. This stylish and cosy cottage, is the perfect retreat for two, sitting separately from the main house. The Gatehouse consists of a beautifully handcrafted garden room, lounge with wood burner, kitchen and a double bedroom with shower room.
The spectacular grounds spread themselves along the loch-side, with a river, waterfall and folly, there is so much to explore! The property boasts private access to a beach, swings, a trampoline, barbecues and garden games for the whole group.
Set in 3-acres of land, the property benefits from beautiful scenery and breath-taking views across the Holy Loch. The property is located within the scenic village of Strone on the Cowal peninsula in Argyll and Bute and the Scottish Highlands. Strone is a short seven-mile drive from the nearby town of Dunoon where the frequent ferries arrive (every 20-30 minutes; no booking required) from Gourock on the mainland. Glasgow is 34 miles away, however for those travelling by car, time needs to be left for the ferry journey across the water!
This location is best suited to outdoor lovers, with ample walks and excursions available nearby, you can spend all your holiday exploring the unique nature of this area and the Loch. Holy Loch itself is a sea loch, popular amongst boaters, there are abundant facilities for yachts and boats.
Holy Loch Manor is the perfect retreat for families and couples, offering a break away from the hustle and bustle of day to day life. For those looking to relax and spend some time in nature, Stone is the ideal backdrop, with something for everyone, whether you want to lounge around, play some golf, hike or get yourself out on a boat, you will not miss out!
- 5 km from Dunoon, nearest supermarket/bank/etc.
- 90 mins from Glasgow, Village of Strone offers local shop and pub (with food)
- Beautiful spa with outdoor heated pools and hot tubs at Portavadie Marina (35 mins)
- Golf - well maintained 9 hole golf course at Strone on hill behind house (honesty box - no club house). Troon, Loch Lomond and Macrahanish (all championship courses) accessible from house.
- Family room with TV, sofas and a wood burning stove
- Drawing/Dining room with wood burning stove
- Dining room with table for 16-guests and a free-standing piano
- Kitchen with Aga
- 2 Double bedrooms with superking size beds and en-suite bathrooms
- Double bedroom with king size bed
- Kids bedroom with three bunk beds
- Single bedroom
- 2 Bathrooms
- Living room and kitchen
- Double bedroom with en-suite shower room
- Garden room with views of the loch
- Deck with garden furniture and a barbecue
- 3 acres of glorious loch-side lawns
- River, waterfall and folly
- Private access to beach
- Swings and trampoline
- Garden games are kept in the boot room, including croquet, cricket and football goals