Gorgeous Perth Cottage sleeping up to 27 guests
Scone Palace, with its colourful and fascinating history, is considered to be one of Scotland’s most significant stately homes. Situated above the River Tay in the very heart of Scotland, the Palace is just a short distance from the village of Scone and the city of Perth, making a wonderful base for those wanting to explore this beautiful region. Steeped in history, the Palace has been the seat of parliaments, while the Kings of Scots, including Macbeth and Robert the Bruce have been crowned here. Guests privileged enough to be able to stay at Scone Palace will be able to enjoy the marvellous collection of antiques, paintings and unique artefacts which adorn the wonderful property.
The Palace is fantastic for those hosting events or celebrations, while the Palace State Rooms are part of the tour for the general public from April through to October, they are able to be reserved exclusively in the evenings, please see the events tab for more details!
Scone Palace can comfortably accommodate up to twenty-seven guests across thirteen beautifully-appointed bedrooms, each with en-suite facilities. The bedrooms are set across three parts of the palace, in the West Passage are two twin rooms, two king-size double rooms and a small double room which is suitable for a single person, each of these rooms look out over the Park and possess wonderful views of the Tay. The South Corridor has two king-size bedrooms, one twin room, one double room and two rooms which can be set up as either doubles or twins. Finally, The Balvaird Wing offers three handsomely designed bedrooms, a super-king room and two double rooms.
The Palace boasts over 100 acres of historic Parklands, a fantastic spot for guests of Scone Palace to enjoy exciting outdoor activities such as laser clay shooting, falconry and quad biking! Those who wish for a more relaxed break can simply enjoy a stroll through the grounds while admiring the gorgeous scenery.
Scone Palace holds a wonderful location, just 2 minutes away from the helpful amenities in the village of Scone and less than 10 minutes from the wider variety of amenities available in the city of Perth.
There is plenty to keep the whole family busy with a multitude of things to see, do and explore in the area, Perth boasts museums, art galleries, stunning gardens and excellent entertainment venues. For those that wish to venture outside the city, there is plenty of opportunity to try your hand at golf, cycling, horseriding and a variety of watersports all within easy reaching distance!
Dundee Airport is less than 30 minutes away while Edinburgh Airport is just 50 minutes away, making a short transfer time, ideal for those flying in to Scone Palace for an event or wedding.
- Private entrance
- Lady Mansfield’s Library
- Drawing Room
- Dining Room
- The Palace State rooms are on this level - they are part of the tour for the general public between April and October and are all behind locked doors but they can be entered in the evening when being used for a private dinner
The West Passage Accommodation
Each Room has been individually styled and refurbished to reflect the traditions and stature of the Palace. They all look out over the Park and have views of the Tay. There is Wi-Fi in each bedroom.
- The 6th Earl Bedroom: Two single beds /private bathroom across the corridor. - The Adam’s room: Two single beds/large walk-in shower room is across the corridor.
- The Kenwood Room: One super king size bed/ en-suite with a hexagonal turret bathroom with a bath and shower attachment.
- The Empire Room: Small Double bed which is suitable for a single person/shared bathroom with shower (with Lady Malvina’s room.)
- Lady Stormont’s Room: King size French Four Poster Bed/ en-suite with turret bathroom identical to the Kenwood room.
South Corridor Accommodation- Traditionally the Family Rooms
- Lady Malvina’s room: one double bed/ shared bathroom with shower (with The Empire room.)
- The Blue Room: can either be a double bed or two single beds/ en-suite shower room.
- The Yellow Room: can be a double or two single beds/ en-suite bathroom with a separate bath and shower.
- Lord Scone’s Room: King sized double bed/ Shared bathroom next door. (with Lady Freddy’s room)
- Lady Freddy’s room: two single beds/ shared bathroom (with Lord Scone’s room.)
- Master Bedroom: Canopy Super King/ en-suite bathroom with shower attachment.
The Balvaird Wing
The Balvaird sleeps up to six people in three beautifully designed, en-suite bedrooms.
- The Mac Gregor Room: Super king size bed. en-suite bathroom has an original very deep bath (no shower)
- Colonel Andrew’s room: Two double beds/ en-suite bathroom with bath and a separate shower.
- Lady Carnegie’s room: Two double beds/ en-suite bathroom with shower over the bath.
- 100 acres of parkland